Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 2, 2010

We were kind of busy tonight, and who do I get at one of my tables? The couple who have a laptop and are working on something when I get to the table. They order drinks and continue to use this laptop. They tell me to come back in 15 min.! Really? So when I go back in 15 min., they order another drink and continue to look at the laptop. Finally after another 15 min. they put the laptop away and order an appetizer. Still not ready to order dinner. After they eat the appetizer 30 min. later, I finally am able to get a dinner order. After dinner, I clear the table. They don't want anything else, but guess what? They pull out the laptop again and are both sitting on the same side of the booth. How cozy. Really? Sit and take up my booth to look at your laptop. So after two hours, they finally left. Good riddance. Their tip should have reflected all the time they sat there, but unfortunately it didn't.

Then there are the people that eat out, and no matter what their bill is, they leave $5. It could be $25, it could be $70? Who made up that amount? I mean, seriously, if you can't afford a tip then you shouldn't eat out. Or, if you can't do mental math, use your cell phone calculator to figure it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment