Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 2010

Alright, so three ladies come to the restaurant, and unbenownst to me most servers know these woman and are so happy they aren't at their table!!!! Kiss of death. So they start off with a round of drinks for happy hour and tell me that they are going to drink for a while. Second round of drinks, third round of drinks. Happy hour is now over, even though it has been and hour and a half. Every time I go over to get a food order, they tell me they haven't looked at the menu. Finally they are ready to order. They order one salad and one pizza, and more drinks. They finally paid their bill after three and a half hours at the table. I mean, really? A whole $10 I made for three and a half hours? Get real. If you are going to sit through prime dinner hours, a least leave a decent tip. It is pretty bad when you come to a restaurant and all of the servers know you and avoid you like the plague!

On another note, I had a couple that sat at my table tonight and had a sample of some wine they were interested in. After that, they totally decide to order beer (cheaper than wine). Then they proceed to order an appetizer that is usually a combination of calamari, cheese sticks and bruschetta. They told me they would rather have fried zucchini and pumpkin ravioli instead of the other three things. They did this so they wouldn't have to order two appetizers. They had a coupon for a free appetizer. God forbid they might have to pay for one. Anyway, I brought them the appetizer and they weren't ready to order their entrees. After about 45 min. they decide to order. One small side salad. Really?? But wanted more "free" bread. After they ate their salad, they did finally order dessert. I went to take the bread off the table before dessert was served, but I guess they didn't order enough food for dinner, they wanted to keep the bread to eat with dessert. So tacky! If you would just order enough food for dinner, you wouldn't have to keep eating the "free" bread. So once the check was dropped, do you think they tipped on the free appetizer that came off the bill? Of course not! And needless to say, they overstayed their welcome at my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment